A web hosting is a service that allows you to host any files in your server. Why you need to host! That’s because you need to know how the internet works.
Every single computer, mobile or any electric device that has an internet connection is connected with a COMMON wired or wireless connection.
After you host a file in your server or your personal computer and you permit to browse those files in public, anyone can access and view, edit or modify it within your access limit.
A personal computer can’t run 24×7 in 365 days as well. That’s why we choose a supercomputer or server to serve them and confirm almost 100% uptime guaranty.
1. Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is a package of hosting that a server is distributed a group of people and they all are sharing a single server and use them all. But they can access only their permitted space only. They can’t access other user’s profiles without permission.
For example, when you buy and appointment it doesn’t mean you buy the whole building. You just buy a part of that building. Similarly in shared hosting, a group of people buy a server and distribute space among them.
Advantage of Shared Hosting:
The only advantage of shared hosting is It will save your money. Shared hosting provides you a maximum cheap rate for buying a server.
Disadvantage of Shared Hosting:
- Reputation: You are not sharing only space, you share your reputation also. When someone makes crime fro this server, you will face same disadvantage as that criminal. Because, the IP that server will mark as spam and it will make effect in your services.
- Server Crash: system or server chase is the common case for shared hosting. Because when it loads too many websites or files or it loads too much traffic at a time, it can be crash.
- Speed and Performance: Because of having too much traffic in a single user, the other users will also get show because they are all connected in a single server.
Whose Choose Shared Hosting?
- Beginners who are new in web hosting.
- Small business owners who don’t need much space to use.
2. VPS (Virtual Private Server)
VPS Provide you to full control and gives you full facilities of a dedicated server virtually.
Isn’t clear ! Okk.
A Virtual Private Server is not dedicated. But it also provides you full facilities of a dedicated server although it’s shared with a small number of peoples.
A VPS will provide you a dedicated IP address that you can use personally.
Let’s give an example:
A single computer will distribute with four different people. But those single person can install a different operating system, they can run private software in their own partition. Even they can restart their server individually if they want.
One of them wants to run Linux, one wants to run Windows and the other two people want to run another operating system. In VPS it’s possible but in the case of Shared Hosting, it was not possible.
Advantages of VPS:
- You will get a dedicated IP address.
- You can run your own operating system
- You can reboot independently
- You can install and run any software that you want.
- Additional web application can be run in VPS
- You can access the root level of your server
Disadvantage of VPS:
- You have to well-skilled webmaster to operate VPS
- You have the root level permission so that you have to mention then individually
- Hardware is still shared in VPS. So we can say VPS is not fully dedicated.
VPS ensures you more flexibility than shared hosting.
3. Dedicated Hosting
Dedicated server is fully private. No one can be accessed in your hardware or software without your permission.
Advantage of Dedicated Hosting:
- No resource is shared with anyone. Your CPU, your RAM is your own.
- Better performance forever
- You will get the maximum uptime guaranty of your website.
- The flexibility of a dedicated server is high that any other hosting.
- You will get a unique IP address.
- It will provide you maximum security because of your ownership.
Disadvantage of Dedicated Hosting:
It’s difficult to ensure whats the disadvantage of dedicated hosting because it will provide you the maximum better performance than any other hosting or server.
- You have to pay a high demanding monthly charge
- You have to pay for any maintenance of any time
- You have to manage your full server individually
4. Reseller Hosting
Reseller is not a particular hosting service. It allows you to “re-sell” your space. The small business owner can buy a VPS or Dedicated server and re-sell a part of the server space to another customer.
Dedicated hosting carries all the facilities of VPS (Virtual Private Server) and breaks all the limitations in previous. You can run your own operating system, your own customized software in VPS and Dedicated also. But the main thing is- it’s cost-effective.
Fell free to comments below or contact individually.